Thanks to Amber I realized one of my interesting personality traits. I have the random knowledge of crazy laws. Below are a few of the worlds craziest (in my opinion) laws.
* In Temperance, MS, you can't walk a dog without dressing it in diapers.
* In St. Louis, a law on the books makes it illegal to park your car without turning off the
engines was to avoid scaring horses.
* In Kansas City, KS, saying the name "George Washington" without adding the phrase
"blessed be his name," can land you with a fine of up to fifty cents.
* In California, selling a gold piece without tooth marks in it is considered forgery.
* An old statute in Flint, MI, compels dentists to offer a "slug of whiskey with no additional
charge to said patient."
* In Manchester, England, an ancient law declares that if a young man develops a lisp, he must
be inspected by a bishop to ensure that he isn't developing homosexual tendencies.
* The city of San Francisco holds a copyright on the name "San Francisco." It is illegal to
manufacture any item with the name without first getting permission from the city. Since the
Supreme Court upheld the copyright, San Francisco has had an annual $300 million surplus
* In Raleigh, North Carolina, before a man asks for a woman's hand in marriage, he must be
"inspected by all the barnyard animals on the young woman's family's property, to ensure a
harmonious farm life."
* Slavery is still legal in Decatur, Alabama.
* In Salzburg, Germany, any child born on August 18th must be tested for possible witchcraft. This is due to a local legend that an evil warlock was born on that day in 1638.
* It is illegal in Kentucky to marry the same man more than three times.
* In California, it is illegal to set a mouse trap without a hunting license.
* In Tennessee, it is illegal to use lassos to catch a fish.
* If a man is wearing a striped suit, you cannot throw a knife at him in Natoma, Kan.
* In 1659, Massachusetts made Christmas illegal.
* Unless you have a doctor's note, it's illegal to buy ice cream after 6 p.m. in Newark, N.J.
* It is a misdemeanor in Montana to show movies that depict acts of felonious crime.
* Children can buy shotguns in Kansas City, Mo., but not toy cap guns.
* In Minnesota, it's illegal to tease skunks.
With that said, I wanted to take a moment to tell everyone that just because we don't agree with the law doesn't mean we don't have to uphold it. Please renew your hunting license to catch any mice should you ever be in California... you never know when the police will enforce these laws.
As a humongous side note - David and I have officially ended "it." On Tuesday he told me that he needed space to "find himself" so I asked that he stop calling/texting me. I think this is for the best. I can't be with someone that doesn't know who they are. I mean, c'mon; that is something we are born with. I don't understand how people can be confused about "who they are"... GOOD LORD, you've only lived with yourself forever. I offered to try my hardest to help him through his ordeal but he chose to do it on his own so more power to him. I am definitley not waiting around. In celebration I have opened a my space thingy; also known as JumpInDeBoat and am teetering on the idea of doing a "personals" something or other. I start my Slim 4 Life diet on Monday and intend to follow it strictly. Within a month or two I will be ideal size allowing me to get back into "the field" (who comes up with these slang terms... seriously). After the weight loss I will feel more energetic and happier about myself... plus I will actually fit into my clothes which means I will be able to go on a date.
Don't get me wrong, I am not thrilled about not having David in my life but I know I will be better for this experience. The only way I have ever gotten over my long term boyfriends is to get "back into the saddle" and start all over. So, in a month or two, that is just what I will do.